Hair Loss Treatment in Austin TX
Androgenic alopecia, you know it as male and female pattern baldness. It accounts for most hair loss in men, and it’s anything but rare. By the age of 35 over two thirds of men will experience some degree of appreciable hair loss. By the age of 50, 85 percent of men have significantly thinning hair. A significant number of women also suffer hair loss, but the causes behind it can vary.
But one thing is common — no one likes to see more hair in the shower drain or on the brush every morning.
That’s why we’re here at Austin Hair Restoration Clinic. One of our three treatments for hair restoration uses low-level laser light to move hair follicles that are spending more time in the resting phase to return to active growth. The treatment is called Capillus Low-Level Laser Therapy and we’re excited to offer it to our patients from Austin and the surrounding areas.
What is Capillus Low-Level Laser Therapy?
Capillus low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is an FDA-cleared solution that uses laser light energy to stimulate the hair follicles to return to the growth phase. The “low-level” of the laser energy is the key. This is also referred to as “cold” energy because the light is absorbed by target tissue but does not heat the tissue. Instead, the light wavelength emitted from the Capillus low-level laser will repair tissues that have impaired cellular metabolism by stimulating blood circulation, encouraging regeneration of normal healthy tissues, and encouraging bio stimulation of the hair follicles.
These LLLT treatments are completely non-invasive and painless but they increase hair density.
What are the benefits of Capillus low-level laser therapy?
This method of hair restoration has various benefits:
- It increases hair strength
- It increases hair fullness
- It keeps hair follicles from moving into dormancy
- It is completely noninvasive
- It is completely painless
- There are no side effects
- These are simple treatments
- There is absolutely no recovery
How does Capillus compare to other hair restoration methods?
At Austin Hair Restoration Clinic, we offer two hair restoration approaches. All have been proven to be effective in different ways:
We put our three options up against the other hair restoration methods out there:
How does Capillus low-level laser therapy restore hair?
Also known as red light therapy and cold laser therapy, this hair loss treatment delivers photons into the scalp tissues through a cap that is worn on the head. These photons are absorbed by weak or resting hair follicles. The photons invigorate circulation and stimulation that returns these follicles to active growth. It does this by increasing the capillary blood flow to the dermis of the skin, where the hair follicles are located. This reverses the thinning that is making the patient lose more than 100 hairs a day (100 is the normal number of hairs lost each day).
At Austin Hair Restoration Clinic, we use the CapillusPro. This device delivers 272 laser diodes of energy into the hair follicles. This is almost three times the amount of energy delivered by the home version of this device, which means it stimulates those sleepy hair follicles that much more.
What kind of results can Capillus low-level laser therapy deliver?
These treatments aren’t effective for all men and women suffering from hair loss.
That’s why we offer it as one of three treatment approaches at Austin Hair Restoration Clinic. Here are results from third party clinical studies used in the FDA clearance of the Capillus system:
- The CapillusPro LLLT cap reduced hair loss in 100 percent of the study participants.
- 51 percent of the study participants increased hair regrowth with consistent use.
When will I start to see results from the CapillusPro?
As mentioned above, LLLT doesn’t work for all patients, but when it does this is the timeline you can likely expect:
- 0-3 months — You’ll likely see an increase in shedding. This is a sign that the LLLT is working, as the follicles are returning to the anagen/growth phase and pushing out the old hairs to start growing new hair.
- 3-6 months — You will notice a decrease in hair loss. This is the first step to hair restoration, as the hairs are now staying active.
- 12 months — This is the time to fully evaluate if LLLT is working for you. Compare your hair photos now to those you started with.
- 24 months and beyond — Now you should have a cessation in hair loss and much fuller hair.